U.S. Virgin Islands Feature
Top Reasons to Go to the U.S. Virgin Islands
Incomparable Sailing: St. Thomas is one of the Caribbean's major sailing centers.
Great Hiking: Two-thirds of St. John is a national park that's crisscrossed by excellent hiking trails.
Beaches: Though Magens Bay on St. Thomas and Trunk Bay on St. John are two of the most perfect beaches you'll ever find, St. Croix's West End beaches are fetching in their own way.
Shopping: Shopping on both St. Thomas and St. Croix is stellar.
Deep-Sea Fishing: St. Thomas is one of the best places to catch Atlantic blue marlin between the months of June and October.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe