U.S. Virgin Islands Feature
Top Things to Do in the U.S. Virgin Islands
Staying at Concordia Eco-Resort, St. John
Now that Maho Bay Camps has, sadly, closed after almost 40 years, you can still get a similar eco-resort experience with a bit more comfort at Concordia, which is operated by the management. Unlike Maho, it's not on the beach, but it does have a pool and great views.
Snorkeling at Coki Beach, St. Thomas
The best beach on St. Thomas for snorkeling is right next to the island's popular aquarium attraction, Coral World. You can buy food from the huts and have a thoroughly fun beach day. It's not a quiet beach, but the amenities make an extended stay a lot easier.
Hiking the Reef Bay Trail, St. John
St. John's best hike is led by rangers from the National Park Service. Along the way, you'll see island flora and fauna, the ruins of the Reef Bay planation, and petroglyphs. Best of all, a safari bus will take you to the trailhead, and a boat will bring you back to Park Service headquarters for a reasonable price.
Sampling Cruzan Rum at its Factory, St. Croix
After a tour of the distillery and processing facilities here, you can sit down in the pub and taste some samples of the many different kinds of rum that are still produced here. Connoisseurs can even buy bargain-priced vintages, though the fruity varieties will satisfy most rum-soaked palates.Updated: 12-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's