- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although crime is not a major concern in the Turks and Caicos Islands, petty theft does occur here, and you're advised to leave your valuables in your hotel safe-deposit box and lock doors in cars and rooms when unattended. Small petty thefts have been known to happen, especially near construction sites (which are common, especially on Provo). Do all of the things your parents taught you: Don't walk in dark areas, especially the beach at night; don't leave valuables in a car unattended; if you wouldn't do it at home, don't do it here.
Distribute your cash, credit cards, IDs, and other valuables between a deep front pocket, an inside jacket or vest pocket, and a hidden money pouch. Don't reach for the money pouch once you're in public.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's