- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most accommodations in Provo have washers and dryers in the units, so pack light. You can wash your clothes conveniently at your whim and dry swimsuits before repacking. If your resort doesn't offer laundry facilities or a laundry service, you'll find a dry cleaner next to Beaches and a Laundromat on Leeward Highway. Do not forget sunglasses; the sun is strong, and it's expensive to buy a new pair here. If you travel with a carry-on, airlines only allow 3-ounce bottles of liquids; don't worry, it's not too expensive to buy sunscreen at the Graceway IGA supermarket. There's really not a huge bug problem in the Turks and Caicos, but sometimes after rain or at dusk you might get a bite or two, so either buy or bring some Off.
For women, sundresses are fine for the nicest restaurant, and for men tropical-print shirts will do nicely. Almost all the resorts and villas have hair dryers and give you shampoo, conditioner, and a small box of laundry detergent. "Bring half the clothes and twice the money"—words to live by.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's