- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Currency: The official currency on the islands is the U.S. dollar, so there is never a need to change money.
Electricity: Current is suitable for all U.S. appliances, and electrical plugs are just like those you have at home.
Passport Requirements: A valid passport is required, and everyone must have an ongoing or return ticket.
Phones: The country code for the Turks and Caicos is 649, though calls go through just as if you were another U.S. number (though they are charged as international calls). Calls from the islands are expensive, and many hotels add a steep surcharge. U.S. GSM cell phones work throughout the islands, but many car rental companies provide pay-as-you-go loaner phones for free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's