- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Northwest Point Resort
At a Glance
- landscaping is lush and well maintained
- kitchens allow you to do some cooking on your own
- on a grassy beach that's more attractive to turtles than swimmers
- far from everything
- restaurant only opens seasonally and has limited service
Check Rates from our Partners
Northwest Point Resort Review
Miles from anywhere, this resort should be your destination if you need complete solitude. In fact, the resort is so isolated that the paved road ends even before you reach the front gates (it continues as packed sand). The Spanish-style resort itself is quite nice, with white walls and arches, red-tile roofs, and gorgeous landscaping. Rooms are spacious, with full kitchens and large balconies that face the ocean. The colors are tropical, the wood furniture is light, and the rooms have everything you need for comfort. The quiet pool area is colorfully framed by flowers, and there's even a hot tub. A path leads through a huge gazebo and beyond to the beach. The beach here has a lot of sea grass, but the resort rakes it daily. While this is no Grace Bay, it's a long, uninterrupted stretch of sand, great for solitary walks. This is also the best area in Provo for scuba diving—Northwest Point is where all of the companies bring divers. You need a car if you stay here; the restaurant has inconsistent hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
Back about a week, delightfully boring trip report!
Weather: perfect Sunny, hot yet breezy, gorgeous!
Food: Hemingways lunch fish tacos, Bay Bistro jerk chicken wrap, Big Als burgers and wings, new place Read more
Just got back from staying at the Sands in Provo. Read more
· News & Features
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you ... Read more
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing... Read more
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos?... Read more