- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
South Caicos Ocean & Beach Resort
At a Glance
- each room has stunning views of the Caicos Banks
- the best scuba diving off South Caicos is in front of the hotel
- it has the only real restaurant on the island
- you need cash for everything but your room
- not on the beach
- no dive shop at the resort
Check Rates from our Partners
South Caicos Ocean & Beach Resort Review
Rustic and basic—though perfectly acceptable—this is your only lodging option in South Caicos at this writing. The two-story building has balconies or patios with views of the never-ending turquoise water. Rooms are spacious and painted in pastels, giving sense of tranquillity; the beds are plush with pillow-top mattresses. It's a nice place to hang out with other divers, who are the primary clientele, and if you have your own equipment it's not usually a problem to find a local to take you out. The rooms have either one queen bed or two fulls.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
Back about a week, delightfully boring trip report!
Weather: perfect Sunny, hot yet breezy, gorgeous!
Food: Hemingways lunch fish tacos, Bay Bistro jerk chicken wrap, Big Als burgers and wings, new place Read more
Just got back from staying at the Sands in Provo. Read more
· News & Features
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you ... Read more
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing... Read more
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos?... Read more