- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
White House Review
This grand stone house, which once belonged to a wealthy salt merchant, is testimony to the heyday of Salt Cay's eponymous industry. Still owned by the descendants of the original family, it's sometimes opened up for tours. Ask Tim Dunn, a descendant of the original owners, as he may give you a personal tour to see the still-intact, original furnishings, books, and medicine cabinet that date back to the early 1800s.
- Address: Victoria St., Balfour Town, Salt Cay
- Cost: Free
- Hours: By appointment only
- Location: Salt Cay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
Back about a week, delightfully boring trip report!
Weather: perfect Sunny, hot yet breezy, gorgeous!
Food: Hemingways lunch fish tacos, Bay Bistro jerk chicken wrap, Big Als burgers and wings, new place Read more
For years, my daughter has been interested in going on a traditional Caribbean vacation -- the blue water, beach etc. Read more
· News & Features
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you ... Read more
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing... Read more
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos?... Read more