- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Salt Raker Inn
At a Glance
- excellent location that is an easy walk to Front Street, restaurants, and excursions
- the lack of no-smoking rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Salt Raker Inn Review
A large anchor on the sun-dappled pathway marks the entrance to this 19th-century house, which is now an unpretentious inn. The building was built by a shipwright and has a large, breezy balcony with commanding views over the sea, but its best feature is hidden behind the facade: a garden of tall tamarind and neem trees, climbing vines, hanging plants, potted hibiscus, climbing bougainvillea, and even a pond. The greenery, as well as providing a quiet spot for natural shade, is home to the inn's Secret Garden restaurant. Rooms A2, B2, and C2 are nicely shaded havens but have no sea views. Upstairs, Rooms G and H share a balcony with unobstructed views of the ocean and Duke Street.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
Back about a week, delightfully boring trip report!
Weather: perfect Sunny, hot yet breezy, gorgeous!
Food: Hemingways lunch fish tacos, Bay Bistro jerk chicken wrap, Big Als burgers and wings, new place Read more
For years, my daughter has been interested in going on a traditional Caribbean vacation -- the blue water, beach etc. Read more
· News & Features
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you... Read more
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing... Read more
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos?... Read more