- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
At a Glance
- the finest beach in Turks and Caicos
- rates include some of the best food in the Turks and Caicos as well as snorkeling trips
- no TVs or phones, so you are really unplugged here
- expensive to get back to Provo for shopping or other Provo-based excursions or activities
- all this simplicity costs a great deal
Check Rates from our Partners
Meridian Club Review
Feeling like a private club, this resort on the prettiest beach in Turks and Caicos is the place to de-stress, with no phones, no TVs, no a/c, no worries. The charm of this resort, which was built in the 1970s, is that it never changes. The simple beachfront cottages, most of the staff, and what is perhaps the world's smallest airport (in truth, a gazebo) have all stayed pretty much the same for years. On some nights, you can drive your golf cart to the runway for Drive-In Movie night. The 2½-mi (4-km) stretch of beach is deserted, and instead of roads, you find nature trails and sun-dappled paths that crisscross the island, which can be explored by bike or on foot. Here you'll feel not isolated, but part of a small community. The food's excellent, with fresh seafood, and delicious cakes and tarts served at lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea. All meals are includedin the rates, but drinks are not. Guests are mostly overstressed executives, mature couples, and honeymooners; a large percentage of guests are repeat visitors. Children over 12 are always welcome, but those between 6 and 12 are only allowed in June and July.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
Back about a week, delightfully boring trip report!
Weather: perfect Sunny, hot yet breezy, gorgeous!
Food: Hemingways lunch fish tacos, Bay Bistro jerk chicken wrap, Big Als burgers and wings, new place Read more
Hi, we're thinking of going to the Caribbean in June, and would love to have a non-stop flight, so T&C seems to fit the bill. Read more
· News & Features
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you ... Read more
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing... Read more
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos?... Read more