- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mookie Pookie Pizza Palace
Mookie Pookie Pizza Palace Review
Local husband-and-wife team "Mookie" and "Pookie" have created a wonderful backstreet restaurant that has gained well-deserved popularity over the years as much more than a pizza place. At lunchtime, the tiny eatery is packed with locals ordering specials such as steamed beef, curried chicken, and curried goat. You can also get burgers and omelets, but stick to the specials if you want fast service, and dine in if you want to get a true taste of island living. By night, the place becomes Grand Turk's only pizza takeout and delivery service, so if you're renting a villa or condo, put this spot on speed dial.
- Address: Hospital Rd., Cockburn Town, Grand Turk
- Phone: no phone
- Location: Cockburn Town
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $764 & up -- Turks & Caicos: Adult-Only Club Med, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
We stayed at the beautiful Sapphire Sunsets in Sapodilla Bay. Read more
OK, so I'm starting this over because I made so many mistakes from spelling typos to not checking it as a trip report. Read more
Hello my fiancé & I are thinking about getting married this July. Read more
· News & Features
We're not knocking the piña colada, but when it comes to relaxing after a long day of...relaxing... Read more
Do you really need five reasons to go to Turks and Caicos?... Read more
We bet you've never been on a safari like the one we're just back from: a Caribbean food-fueled gourme... Read more