Turks and Caicos Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Best Spas in Provo and Beyond
A Turks Island Salt Glow, in which the island's sea salt is mixed with gentle oils to exfoliate, smooth, and moisturize the skin, is just one of the treatments you can enjoy in one of the island spas. Being pampered spa-style has become as much a part of a Turks and Caicos vacation as sunning on the beach. Marine-based ingredients fit well with the Grace Bay backdrop at the Thalasso Spa at Point Grace, where massages take place in two simple, bleached-white cottages standing on the dune line, which means you have a spectacular view of the sea-blue hues—if you manage to keep your eyes open. The Regent Spa at the Regent Palms offers individual treatments, with a water feature by day, a fire feature at night. The signature body scrub uses hand-crushed local conch shells to smooth the skin. The widest choice of Asian-inspired treatments (and the most unforgettable scenery) can be found at the 6,000-square-foot Como Shambhala Spa at the Parrot Cay Resort, which has outdoor whirlpools and a central beech-wood lounge overlooking the shallow turquoise waters and mangroves.
Provo also has a noteworthy day spa that's not in one of the Grace Bay resorts. Spa Tropique blends Swedish, therapeutic, and reflexology massage techniques using oils made from natural plants and products produced locally and within the Caribbean region. The Turks Island Salt Glow is one of her most popular treatments. Ports of Call, Grace Bay Rd., Grace Bay, Providenciales 649/941-5720 www.spatropique.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe