- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Trinidad has some good beaches —the best being Maracas Bay—but none is as picture-perfect as those on Tobago. Without the manicured, country-club elegance you will find on many islands, the Tobago beaches feel wilder and hark back to a time when towering hotels didn't line every picturesque Caribbean crescent.
Bird-watching is one of the highlights of a trip to either Trinidad or Tobago; both islands have reserves where you'll see a wide variety of species.
Diving is good off the shores of Tobago, particularly around Arnos Vale Reef, off the island's west coast.
Golfers will do better on Tobago, which has one excellent course and two other good ones.
Nightlife is much better in Port of Spain, with live music being a particular highlight. In general Tobago is much quieter after dark.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 -- Punta Cana VIK Hotel, All-Incl. Garden View Room CheapCaribbean.com
- $156 -- Luxury Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, Save 55% Couples Resorts
- $299 & up -- All- Incl. Bahamas Beach Trip, 3 Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore