- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
The Verandah Review
Owner and hostess Phyllis Vieira has been running a restaurant since the 1980s; she prides herself on her "free-style Caribbean" dishes. The open verandah, interior, and courtyard of this beautiful gingerbread-style colonial house provide a suitable setting for the reasonably priced, consistently excellent menu, which changes weekly and is brought to you on a blackboard by the attentive, white-garbed staff.
- Address: 10 Rust St., St. Clair, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Phone: 868/622–6287
- Location: Trinidad
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. No dinner Mon.–Wed. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beware fellow travellers – the description of this villa is not accurate and is misleading. Read more
Just outside of Port Of Spain while navigating narrow winding roads through a few small but busy island communities, the landscape soon transforms into magnificent tropical lush green beauty. Read more
Who is the best places for honeymoon along with wedding in the Caribbean country which would be warm in the February time. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more