- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Beautiful beaches and excellent waters for sailing can be found throughout the various islands of the Grenadines. The beaches on St. Vincent, though, have mostly dark, volcanic sand. They're often beautiful, but few are excellent for swimming. You come to this part of the world to really get away from it all and for relaxation, but don't miss the opportunity to do some easy island-hopping.
The reef system surrounding the uninhabited Tobago Cays offers some of the best snorkeling in the world. Around St. Vincent itself, the waters are also rich with marine life, with abundant places for divers to explore.
On land, you can hike through St. Vincent's verdant forests or climb its volcano, La Soufrière. But if you are staying at one of the excellent luxurious resorts on an isolated Grenadine island, you may be tempted to lie back, immerse yourself in the moment, and do little more than raise a flag to request another rum punch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 -- Punta Cana VIK Hotel, All-Incl. Garden View Room CheapCaribbean.com
- $156 -- Luxury Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, Save 55% Couples Resorts
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Beach Trip w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore