- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Dawn's Creole Beach Café
Dawn's Creole Beach Café Review
It's worth the trip to Industry for the delicious West Indian food and the view. Call first, though, as this is really off the beaten path. Lunch options include callaloo soup, burgers, or barbecued chicken wings and fries, along with a lobster sandwich or the daily special such as "goat water" (a savory soup with bits of goat meat and root vegetables), fresh fish, and conch. At dinner (by reservation only), the five-course creole seafood, lobster, or vegetarian specials include the christophene (chayote) and breadfruit accompaniments that has made Dawn's so renowned. Barbecue is always available on request. There's live music at Sunday brunch; full-moon grill parties feature country music.
- Address: Industry, Bequia VC0400
- Phone: 784/458–3400
- Location: Bequia
- Reservations essential.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My GF & I decided to take a week & spend some time on Bequia, more specifically the Moonhole 'compound' after I read an article about Tom Johnston in (I believe) the NYTimes travel section. Read more
I spent recently 3 weeks in the Caribbean and I strongly recommend going to Tobago Cays. Read more
Trying to find the best vacation spot in the Caribbean for a single woman. Read more