- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vee Jay's Restaurant & Bar
Vee Jay's Restaurant & Bar Review
Come here for "authentic Vincy cuisine" specials, which are chalked on the blackboard: mutton or fish stew, chicken or vegetable rotis, curried goat, souse, and buljol (sautéed codfish, breadfruit, and vegetables). Not-so-Vincy sandwiches, fish-and-chips, and burgers can be authentically washed down with mauby, a bittersweet drink made from tree bark; linseed, peanut, passion-fruit, or sorrel punch; local Hairoun beer; or cocktails. Lunch is buffet-style.
- Address: Lower Bay St., Kingstown, St. Vincent VC0130
- Phone: 784/457–2845
- Location: St. Vincent
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My GF & I decided to take a week & spend some time on Bequia, more specifically the Moonhole 'compound' after I read an article about Tom Johnston in (I believe) the NYTimes travel section. Read more
I spent recently 3 weeks in the Caribbean and I strongly recommend going to Tobago Cays. Read more
·St. Lucia Forum, St. Maarten/St. Martin Forum, St. Vincent & the Grenadines Forum, Trinidad & Tobago Forum
We are a couple under 30 getting married in May. Read more