- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
The French Verandah
The French Verandah Review
Dining by candlelight on the waterfront terrace of Mariners Hotel means excellent French cuisine with Caribbean flair—and one of the best dining experiences on St. Vincent. Start with a rich soup (traditional French onion, fish with aioli, or callaloo and conch) or escargots, stuffed crab back, or conch salad. Main courses include fresh fish and shellfish grilled with fresh herbs, garlic butter and lime, or creole sauce. Landlubbers may prefer beef bourguignon, sautéd chicken paillard with cream sauce, grilled lamb chops, or beef tenderloin with béarnaise, Roquefort, or mushroom sauce. For dessert, there's the wonderful mi-cuit, a warm chocolate delicacy with vanilla ice cream. Lighter, equally delicious fare is served at lunch—and you can enjoy a full seaside breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My GF & I decided to take a week & spend some time on Bequia, more specifically the Moonhole 'compound' after I read an article about Tom Johnston in (I believe) the NYTimes travel section. Read more
I spent recently 3 weeks in the Caribbean and I strongly recommend going to Tobago Cays. Read more
Trying to find the best vacation spot in the Caribbean for a single woman. Read more