Nightlife & the Arts in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Martin and St. Maarten Nightlife
St. Maarten has lots of evening and late-night action. To find out what's doing on the island, pick up St. Maarten Nights, St. Maarten Quick Pick Guide, or St. Maarten Events, all of which are distributed free in the tourist office and hotels. The glossy Discover St. Martin/St. Maarten magazine, also free, has articles on island history and on the newest shops, discos, and restaurants. Or buy a copy of Thursday's Daily Herald newspaper, which lists all the week's entertainment. Insiders will tell you to head to Maho, go first to Bamboo for cocktails and sushi, hit Sky Beach, then finally, go to Tantra.
The island's casinos—all 13 of them—are found only on the Dutch side. All have craps, blackjack, roulette, and slot machines. You must be 18 years or older to gamble. Dress is casual (but excludes bathing suits or skimpy beachwear). Most casinos are found in hotels, but there are also some independents.
Browse St. Martin and St. Maarten Nightlife
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel