Windsurfing in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best windsurfing is on Galion Bay on the French side. From November to May, trade winds can average 15 knots.
Wind Adventures. Wind Adventures offers rentals and lessons in both windsurfing and kitesurfing. One-hour lessons are about €40. The company offers a fun vacation package that works out to a terrific deal: two hours of activities each day for five days for €199. Northern beach entrance, Baie Orientale, 97150. 690/36–27–36. www.wind-adventures.com.
Windy Reef. Windy Reef has offered windsurfing lessons and rentals since 1991. Galion Beach, past Butterfly Farm, 97150. 690/34–21–85. www.windyreef.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe