Windsurfing in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best windsurfing is on Galion Bay on the French side. From November to May, trade winds can average 15 knots.
Wind Adventures. Wind Adventures offers rentals and lessons in windsurfing, kitesurfing, stand-up paddling, kayaking and more. One-hour lessons are about €40. The company also offers a fun vacation package that works out to a terrific deal: two hours of activities each day for five days for €199. Northern beach entrance, Baie Orientale, 97150. 690/36–27–36. www.wind-adventures.com.
Windy Reef. At its state-of-the art facility, Windy Reef has offered surfing and windsurfing lessons and rentals since 1991. Galion Beach, past Butterfly Farm, 97150. 690/34–21–85. www.windyreef.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's