Kayaking in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kayaking is becoming very popular and is almost always offered at the many water-sports operations on both the Dutch and the French sides. Rental starts at about $15 per hour for a single and $19 for a double.
TriSports. TriSports organizes kayaking and snorkeling excursions in addition to its biking operation. Airport Rd. 14B, Simpson Bay. 721/545–4384. www.trisportsxm.com.
Kali's Beach Bar. On the French side, kayaks are available at Kali's Beach Bar. Friar's Bay, 97150. 690/49–06–81. www.kali-beach-bar.com.
Wind Adventures. Near Le Galion Beach, Wind Adventures offers rentals and instruction in kayaking, kitesurfing, windsurfing, Hobie cats, and stand-up paddle surfing. Baie Orientale, 97150. 590/29–41–57. www.wind-adventures.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe