Fishing in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can angle for yellowtail snapper, grouper, marlin, tuna, and wahoo on deep-sea excursions. Costs range from $150 per person for a half day to $250 for a full day. Prices usually include bait and tackle, instruction for novices, and refreshments. Ask about licensing and insurance.
Lee's Deepsea Fishing. Organize your excursion through Lee's Deepsea Fishing and when you return, Lee's Roadside Grill will cook your tuna, wahoo, or whatever else you catch and keep. Rates start at $200 per person for a half-day. 84 Welfare Rd., Cole Bay. 721/544–4233. www.leesfish.com.
Rudy's Deep Sea Fishing. One of the more experienced sport-angling outfits, Rudy's has been around for years. A private charter trip for four people starts at $525 for a half-day excursion. Check the website for great tips on fishing around St. Maarten. 14 Airport Rd., Simpson Bay. 721/545–2177. www.rudysdeepseafishing.com.
Private Yacht Charter. For deep-sea fishing, snorkeling trips, and catamaran trips including snacks and drinks, check out Private Yacht Charter. Oyster Pond Great House Marina, 14 Emerald Merit Rd, Oyster Pond. 590/599–581–5305. www.privateyachtcharter-sxm.com.
Big Sailfish Too. Your best bet for fishing excursions on the French side of the island operates out of the Radisson Blu Marina. Anse Marcel, 97150. 690/27–40–90.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's