Biking in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain biking is a great way to explore the island. Beginner and intermediate cyclists can ride the coastal trails from Cay Bay to Fort Amsterdam or Mullet Beach. More serious bikers can cruise the Bellevue Trail from Port de Plaisance to Marigot. Bring your bathing suit—along the way you can stop at Baie Rouge or Baie des Prunes for a dip. The bike trails to Fort Louis offer fabulous views. The most challenging ride is up Pic du Paradis. If you would feel better tackling this route with a guide, ask at one of the bike shops. Several locally known guides can help you make this trip.
TriSport. Rent bikes here that come with helmets, water bottle, locks, and repair kits. Rates are $17 per half day, $24 overnight, and $110 per week. Guided bicycle tours are offered. TriSport also rents kayaks and stand- up paddle boards, and arranges hikes, outings, and even triathlons.If you are on the French side, there is a location in Marigot. 14B Airport Rd., Simpson Bay. 721/545–4384. www.trisportsxm.com.
Loterie Farm. Loterie Farm arranges mountain-biking tours around Pic du Paradis. Rte. de Pic du Paradis 103, Rambaud, 97150. 721/87–86–16 or 721/57–28–55. www.loteriefarm.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's