- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Calabash Cove Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- stylish, sophisticated, and friendly
- great food
- wedding parties can reserve the entire resort
- the long, bone-crunching dirt road at the entrance
- the many steps may be difficult for those with physical challenges
Check Rates from our Partners
Calabash Cove Resort & Spa Review
The luxurious suites and Balinese-inspired cottages at this inviting resort spill gently down a tropical hillside to a secluded beach on Bonaire Bay, just south of Rodney Bay. The private cottages, constructed of mahogany, stone, and other natural materials, all face the sea to take advantage of the sunset. Surrounded by lush vegetation for privacy, each cottage has a separate sitting room, private plunge pool, a hammock on the patio, outdoor rain shower, and full bar. Four manor house suites have swim-up access to the infinity pool, which has a natural rock waterfall. The remaining suites also face the sunset and are just as large and luxuriously furnished. Walkways that meander through the property serve as access to the cottages and the beach, where a boardwalk and dock are ideal for an evening stroll or romantic dinner. The open-air Windsong restaurant, high on the hill and a few steps from the lobby, offers an unobstructed view of the sea (or, in the evening, the twinkling lights of Castries) from every table—and Chef Didier is one of the best on the island.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
My husband and I just returned from five nights in St Lucia. Read more
Assuming we, like Sally in Seattle who just posted, can manage the trip to the Caribbean from the West Coast, which of these islands offers the nicest "beach" experience?
The two resorts I'm considering Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Most come into fitness getaways with strong preconceived notions, but each retreat is unique and migh... Read more