- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Mango Beach Inn
At a Glance
- spectacular views of Marigot Bay
- beach, restaurants and activities nearby
- attentive hosts
- free Wi-Fi
- tiny rooms
- some bathrooms have showers only
- negotiating the steps to the inn would be difficult for anyone with physical challenges
Check Rates from our Partners
Mango Beach Inn Review
When the Marigot Bay ferry delivers you to the dock at Rainforest Hideaway restaurant, a small gate next to the bar opens to a stone staircase that leads through a jungle of trees and flowers to the delightful Mango Beach Inn. Hosts John and Judith Verity, British transplants to St. Lucia, welcome guests to their small inn, which is also their home. And with six grandchildren (though not in residence), they have the temperament and the toys to amuse little kids. A garden room, in fact, has an adjoining room set up with kids in mind. Guest rooms are comfortable but small, though the living–dining room, to which you're always invited, is huge and has large windows with a panoramic view of Marigot Bay—beautiful day or night. Take a walk to the ridge before enjoying a delicious breakfast; then, either lounge around the pool or at Marigot's nice but small beach, enjoy water sports, or poke around the shops at Marina Village. The little ferry will collect you for dinner at your choice of several restaurants, fancy or casual, around the bay. Or you can barbecue poolside, if you prefer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
My husband and I just returned from five nights in St Lucia. Read more
Assuming we, like Sally in Seattle who just posted, can manage the trip to the Caribbean from the West Coast, which of these islands offers the nicest "beach" experience?
The two resorts I'm considering Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Most come into fitness getaways with strong preconceived notions, but each retreat is unique and migh... Read more