- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Anse Chastanet Resort
At a Glance
- great for divers
- Room 14B has a huge tree growing through the bathroom
- the open-wall Piton views
- no pool
- entrance road is annoying even in a 4WD vehicle
- steep hillside certainly not conducive to strolling
- no in-room TVs, phones, or a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Anse Chastanet Resort Review
This resort is magical: spectacular rooms—some with fourth walls completely open to the stunning Piton views—peek out of the thick rain forest that cascades down a steep hillside to the sea. Deluxe hillside rooms have a balcony, tile floors, handmade wooden furniture, madras fabrics, and impressive artwork. You won't find any communication devices, technology, or interruption: it's delightfully peaceful. Diving, jungle biking through the estate's 600 acres, and ocean kayaking are premier activities; rejuvenate afterward at the Kai Belte Spa. Be prepared, though, for the bone-crushing dirt road between the town and the resort and the steep climb to most rooms. There is a helipad, so you can get to the airport by helicopter if you prefer. A water taxi offers an alternative way into town, or you can simply revel in the gorgeous isolation. Shuttle service is available to negotiate the 100 steps between the beach and the hillside rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
My husband and I just returned from five nights in St Lucia. Read more
Assuming we, like Sally in Seattle who just posted, can manage the trip to the Caribbean from the West Coast, which of these islands offers the nicest "beach" experience?
The two resorts I'm considering Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Most come into fitness getaways with strong preconceived notions, but each retreat is unique and migh... Read more