Taxi rates are government regulated and posted at the airport, the dock, and in the free tourist guide. Be sure to clarify whether the fare is in EC or U.S. dollars. There are fixed rates to and from all the hotels and to and from major points of interest.
Airport Transfers: On St. Kitts the fares from the airport range from EC$32 to Frigate Bay to EC$72 for the farthest point. From the airport on Nevis it's EC$27 to Nisbet Plantation, EC$54 to the Four Seasons, and EC$67 to Montpelier. There is a 50% surcharge between 10 pm and 6 am.
St. Kitts Taxi Association (869/465–8487; 869/465–4253; 869/465–7818 after hrs.)
Nevis Taxi Service. Nevis Taxi Service provides taxi information for Nevis, but does not operate a fleet of taxis. 869/469–5631; 869/469–9790 for the airport; 869/469–5515 after dark.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's