Both St. Kitts and Nevis have good but not great beaches (Friar's or Frigate Bay are the best choices on St. Kitts; Pinney's, Newcastle, or Oualie Beach on Nevis).
St. Kitts offers a wider range of activities, including good diving, horseback riding, and hiking tours in the rain forest, and boat rides.
Nevis has fewer organized activities, but they run the gamut from windsurfing to deep-sea fishing to kayaking to horseback riding.
The Royal St. Kitts Golf Club was renovated in 2004; other golf courses are being developed at this writing, including a Tom Fazio-designed beaut at Christophe Harbour.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis has one of the Caribbean's finest golf courses (a Robert Trent Jones Jr. classic) and remains a strong draw for the resort.
Both St. Kitts and Nevis have good restaurants; the fine plantation inn eateries provide some of the best dining experiences on either island.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's