Sugar Bay Club
At a Glance
- great value
- on a lovely wild Atlantic beach
- on-site mini-mart and restaurants including Rituals Coffee Shop and Pizza Boys
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- inadequate facilities compared with most hotels its size
- rough surf for kids
- several units used for student housing
- some facilities shut down when resort isn't full
Check Rates from our Partners
Sugar Bay Club Review
This sprawling property borders Frigate Bay's wild Atlantic side, offering varied accommodations in an architectural mishmash ranging from creole-style cottages to cinder-block eyesores. Enormous rooms with the only true ocean views front the beach but aren't worth the price (even-numbered rooms in block G are the best); however, the odd-numbered garden-view rooms are a terrific buy and are just a few steps from the sand. Spacious poolside cottages have separate living rooms, and even cheaper, regular poolside rooms have cleverly segmented alcoves that contain additional single beds. Parents will appreciate the kids' club, separate adults-only pool, and warm staffers who double as babysitters. But the property's few stylish touches—art deco–style Bamboo Lounge, waterfall pool, surprisingly decent Bombay Blues restaurant—don't compensate for the lack of water-sports facilities.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more