Bird Rock Beach Resort
At a Glance
- exuberant clientele
- great diving
- excellent value
- superb views
- complimentary Frigate Bay shuttle
- small man-made beach
- insufficient parking
- difficult for physically challenged to maneuver
- several rooms leased longterm to students
- poor lighting
- dilapidated decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Bird Rock Beach Resort Review
This basic scuba-set resort crowns a bluff above Basseterre, delivering amazing views of the town, sea, and mountains from every vantage point. Two-story buildings in carnival colors wind through small gardens. The newer rooms are spiffier, with vivid throw rugs and mahogany two-poster beds; studios with kitchenettes and pullout sofas offer real bargains for families (an additional connecting room costs just $60). Most rooms have jaw-dropping panoramas, aside from the 700 block. The tiered sundeck and pool, replete with swim-up bar, and reconstructed Rocky's (a popular local watering hole with hilarious signs and solid local food) rank among the island's top sunset perches. The expanded but still minuscule beach, ancient kitchenettes, and occasional plumbing problems don't seem to bother the laid-back divers and young Europeans who give Bird Rock an appealing international flavor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more