Ottley's Plantation Inn
At a Glance
- posh yet unpretentious luxury
- wonderfully helpful staff and owners
- gorgeous gardens
- excellent dining
- no beach
- bumpy access road
- long walk from farthest cottages to office
Check Rates from our Partners
Ottley's Plantation Inn Review
You're treated like a beloved relative rather than a commercial guest at this quintessential Caribbean hotel, formerly a sugar plantation, at the foot of Mt. Liamuiga. The 18th-century greathouse (opt for top-floor rooms) and stone cottages hold commodious, recently refurbished lodgings with hardwood floors, Laura Ashley–esque trimmings, and wicker and antique furnishings. "Supreme" cottages have plunge pools and whirlpool tubs. You can wander the exquisitely landscaped ornamental gardens, which brilliantly counterpoint the wild adjacent rain forest (filigreed with trails), or visit the rustic-chic spa for one of its exotic treatments. Thoughtful extras include beach and town shuttles, as well as TVs and DVD players for rent. The Keusch and Lowell families set the warm, fun-loving, yet cultured tone. Staff are professional, knowing their business but not yours, providing posh pampering without pomp.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more