Frigate Bay Resort
At a Glance
- easy walk to beaches
- pretty pool spanned by gazebo and bridge
- sofa beds and easily combined units ideal for families
- no direct beachfront
- slightly dilapidated
- occasionally noisy
- uneven food
- Wi-Fi signal intermittent
Check Rates from our Partners
Frigate Bay Resort Review
This cheery property's combination of location, value, and polite service compensates for dowdy decor and dire need for minor repairs throughout. (At this writing, new management promised major renovations in 2014.) Though a shuttle whisks you to nearby Caribbean and Atlantic beaches, you can walk to South Frigate Bay's many restaurants, bars, and water-sports operators. Poolside studios with kitchens are an excellent bargain for self-caterers but tend to be noisier than other rooms. If a water view is paramount, request higher-numbered units in Buildings 3 and 4 (third-floor units have sweeping vistas over the golf course and Atlantic). The swim-up bar, poolside bistro, and thatched, split-level, octagonal Jasmines restaurant are comely drinks spots (though the Continental-Caribbean fare is undistinguished). Best of all are weekly rates that can reduce tariffs by up to 40% per night.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more