Ocean Terrace Inn
At a Glance
- excellent service
- fine facilities for a small hotel
- good restaurants
- walking distance to Basseterre attractions and restaurants
- suites represent excellent value for families
- must drive to beaches
- sprawling layout
- some rooms need sprucing up
- difficult for physically challenged to navigate
Check Rates from our Partners
Ocean Terrace Inn Review
"OTI," as locals call it, is a rarity: a smart, intimate business hotel that also appeals to vacationers. The hillside location, convenient to downtown Basseterre, guarantees marvelous bay views from virtually every room. Luxuriant gardens, room blocks, and a split-level free-form waterfall lagoon pool tumble down to the sea. Island touches from masks to murals animate nooks and crannies. Handsomely decorated but tired rooms vary widely in size and style; many deluxe rooms and junior suites (which have a 1960s bachelor-pad look) have kitchenettes or whirlpool tubs. The urbane hilltop Waterfalls Restaurant (a local must on Friday night for its West Indian buffet with live music) entices island power brokers. With regular shuttle service to Southeast Peninsula beaches, courteous helpful staff, and an on-site gym, peaceful OTI promotes rest, not revelries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more