St. Kitts Marriott Resort
At a Glance
- great range of activities
- good bars
- recently refurbished rooms
- plentiful on-site duty-free shopping
- enormous main pool
- impersonal service
- occasional time-share pitches
- surprise extra charges
- mostly mediocre food
- not enough units feature ocean views
Check Rates from our Partners
St. Kitts Marriott Resort Review
This big, bustling beachfront resort offers something for everyone from families to conventioneers, golfers to gamblers. It's overscaled for tiny St. Kitts and somewhat lacking in West Indian charm and flair. Maintenance and staff are diligent, but service is inconsistent and often impersonal. Note that breakfast rush hour can mean long waits. The property is so vast that only Blocks 600–800 and 1300–1500 can claim true beachfront status; ocean-view rooms often show only a speck of blue. However the resort rarely feels crowded. Perfect entry-level Caribbean, the Marriott scores points for its soothing Emerald Mist Spa; a splendid kids' area with a fully loaded arcade, and Club Mongoose, which offers nature hikes, limbo lessons, treasure hunts, and crafts classes. High marks for the the cosmopolitan cigar bar (Keys), piano bar(Blue Martini), and beach bar (new Bohemia). The casino is decent, and there's a fine golf course. Huge suites and the many packages represent good value during the off-season.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more