Nightlife & the Arts in St. Kitts
St. Kitts Nightlife
Most nightlife revolves around the hotels, which host folkloric shows and calypso and steel bands of the usual limbo-rum-and-reggae variety. The growing Frigate Bay "strip" of beach bars, including Rainbow, Mr. X Shiggidy Shack, Inon's, Buddies Beach Hut, Patsy's, and Cathy's, is the place to party hearty on weekend nights.
Look for such hard-driving local exponents of soca music as Nu-Vybes, Grand Masters, Small Axe, and Royalton 5; and "heavy dance-hall" reggae group House of Judah. The Marriott's large, glitzy casino has table games and slots.
Browse St. Kitts Nightlife
Browse St. Kitts Nightlife By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe