St. Kitts Travel Guide
Plan Your St. Kitts Vacation
Mountainous St. Kitts, the first English settlement in the Leeward Islands, offers a surprisingly diverse vacation experience. Divers have yet to discover all its underwater attractions, history buffs will marvel at Brimstone Hill, known in the 18th century as the Gibraltar of the West Indies, and nature lovers will be pleasantly surprised by the hiking, whether in a rainforest replete with waterfalls or a central mountain range home to a long-dormant crater. There's also now every kind of accommodation, as well as gourmet dining, golf, and gaming, plus white-sand beaches concentrated around Frigate Bay with views onto quiet Nevis.
St. Kitts has an appealing variety of places to stay—beautifully restored plantation inns (where a meal plan including afternoon tea in addition to breakfast...read more
St. Kitts restaurants range from funky beachfront bistros to elegant plantation dining rooms (most with prix-fixe menus); most fare is tinged with the flavors...read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.