Shopping in Nevis
Nevis is certainly not the place for a shopping spree, but there are some unusual and wonderful surprises, notably the island's pottery, hand-embroidered clothing, and dolls by Jeannie Rigby. Honey is another buzzing biz. Quentin Henderson, the amiable former head of the Nevis Beekeeping Cooperative, will even arrange trips by appointment to various hives for demonstrations of beekeeping procedures. Other than a few hotel boutiques and isolated galleries, virtually all shopping is concentrated on or just off Main Street in Charlestown. The lovely old stonework and wood floors of the waterfront Cotton Ginnery Complex make an appropriate setting for stalls of local artisans.
Browse Nevis Shopping
Browse Nevis Shopping By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's