Hurricane Cove Bungalows
At a Glance
- sensational views
- good value for one-bedroom cottages
- free use of snorkeling equipment
- no air-conditioning for the rare stifling day
- minuscule pool
- hike back up from beach
- kitchens need upgrading
Check Rates from our Partners
Hurricane Cove Bungalows Review
These dramatically set one-, two-, and three-bedroom bungalows (imported from Finland) cling like glorified tree houses to a cliff overlooking several glittering beaches. Enormous enclosed patios open onto the island's most glorious vistas; monkeys and pelicans often drop by informally. Every cottage has a full kitchen; many have outdoor gas grills and private swimming pools (those with no pool are especially good buys). It's a short if precipitous walk to Oualie and Lover's beaches, but a tiny hotel pool sits in the foundation of a 250-year-old fort, shaded by a magnificent baobab tree. The bungalows are decorated with beamed ceilings, batik wall hangings, terra-cotta floors, Thai teak furnishings, striking abstract art naïf, and beds swaddled in mosquito netting. Most coveted, especially by honeymooners, are Pelican, Baobab, Williwaw, Sea Biscuit, and the ultraprivate Monkey cottages.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more