Gallipot attracts locals with ultrafresh seafood at reasonable prices, marvelous views of St. Kitts across the road, and sensational sunsets. Large Sunday lunches with ample portions (musts are lobster eggs Benedict and classic roast beef and Yorkshire pudding) are a big draw. The Fosberys originally built the octagonal bar as an addition to their small beach house down the road, and their daughter and son-in-law, Tracy and Julian Rigby, provide the catch (fishnets and photos from their sportfishing championships grace the bar). Julian built a smoker (Tracy dubs it "the eyesore"), where he cures melt-in-your-mouth wahoo, kingfish, and sailfish carpaccio. Those seeking land specialties can happily tuck into the smoked duck, steak-and-kidney pie, or chicken korma curry, seasoned with herbs from Tracy's garden.
- Address: Jones Bay, Nevis
- Phone: 869/469–8230
- Location: Nevis
- Closed Mon.–Wed. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more