Oualie Beach Hotel
At a Glance
- fantastic water-sports operations
- affordable (especially with recreational packages)
- appealing beach
- Green Globe-certified
- showing some wear
- not ideal for less active types
Check Rates from our Partners
Oualie Beach Hotel Review
These creole-style gingerbread cottages daubed in cotton-candy colors sit just steps a beach overlooking St. Kitts and are carefully staggered to ensure sea views from every room. Deluxe rooms have mahogany canopy four-poster beds and granite vanities, and studios have full kitchens and sofa beds. Unfortunately, many older rooms are slightly musty, though they received recent refurbishment. Happily, ecocentric Oualie is noted for its wealth of on-site recreational opportunities from mountain biking to diving, windsurfing to turtle-watching, so you won't spend much time in your room anyway. It's also fairly hopping for a small Nevisian property. The informal restaurant is popular for its barbecue-and-lobster Tuesdays and West Indian–theme Friday nights, with live music. You can book spa packages with the onsite but unaffiliated Chill spa. Dive packages and numerous Internet specials, including early-bird discounts, make Oualie an excellent value.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more