Mount Nevis Hotel & Beach Club
Mount Nevis Hotel & Beach Club Review
Mount Nevis's sublime open-air dining room by the pool offers a splendid view of St. Kitts. Before dinner, savor cocktails in the distinctive lounge, accented by sisal rugs, mosaic tiles, towering bamboo stalks, and flowers floating in crystal bowls. Acapulco-born chef Vicente Zaragoza deftly blends local ingredients, many grown in the organic garden, with a cornucopia of Caribbean-Continental cuisines. Sterling starters on the ever-changing menu might be crisp Brie with mango chutney or homemade conch ravioli in tomato-basil sauce. Worthy main courses include roast Cornish hen in caper-lime beurre blanc with polenta and grilled local tomatoes, or banana leaf-wrapped mahimahi with pineapple salsa. Finish with tropical variations on classics such as ginger crème brûlée or passion fruit cheesecake. Vicente also runs the more affordable alfresco grill whose convection oven turns out marvelous baked goods in minutes.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
So, I realize I’ve been lax in my duty of writing a Trip Report. Read more
Our 10 year anniversary is this June. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more