- Fodor's Choice
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Review
The blissfully air-conditioned greathouse is an oasis of polished hardwood floors, mahogany and cherrywood furnishings, equestrian bronzes, antique hurricane lamps, and wicker furnishings. Tables on the verandah look down the palm-tree-lined fairway to the sea. The four-course menu combines Continental, Pacific Rim, and Caribbean cuisines with local ingredients. The more mature clientele dictates less complex options from house-cured gravlax to filet mignon with chipotle butter in Zinfandel reduction. But Executive chef Antonio Piani might sneak in conch-breadfuit-and-dumpling soup, lobster stuffed with king crableg ragout in coconut Creole glaze, and lemon-and-vanilla mascarpone mousse with hazelnut praline. Enjoy an impressively cosmopolitan selection of cocktails or coffee with soft live music in the front bar. Witty, dapper maître d' Patterson Fleming (his cravat collection, more than 1,000 augmented by guests over the years, is enviable!) ensures a smooth, swank experience.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
So, I realize I’ve been lax in my duty of writing a Trip Report. Read more
I'm just starting to look for a place for a 4 to 5 day stay, or maybe a week mid February of next year for our first anniversary. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more