Nevis Hotel Reviews
Many lodgings are in restored manor or plantation houses scattered throughout the island's five parishes (counties). The owners often live at these inns, and it's easy to feel as if you've been personally invited down for a visit. Before dinner you may find yourself in the drawing room having a cocktail and conversing with the family, other guests, or visitors who have come for a meal. Meal plans for most inns include breakfast and dinner (plus afternoon tea) and offer a free shuttle service to their "private" stretch of beach. If you require TVs and air-conditioning, you're better off staying at hotels and simply dining with the engaging inn owners. Two major (by Nevisian standards) condo developments, with at least Phase 1 completed by early 2014, will nearly double the island's room inventory. Hamilton Beach Villas & Spa opened its first fully equipped condos on Cotton Ground Beach in 2013; the 10-building project will comprise a total of 78 self-catering units, as well as a spa, gym, pool, and tennis courts upon expected completion in 2014. The even more ambitious Tamarind Cove broke ground in 2012; plans call for six buildings housing 91 units, plus a pool, clubhouse with restaurant and shopping arcade, seafront boardwalk with more retail and dining, and a 120-berth marina. Other small upscale compounds are in various stages of development, including the overhauled Cliffdwellers at Tamarind Bay and the Zenith Beach houses, connected with the delightful Chrishi Beach Club on Cades Bay.
Browse Nevis Hotels
Browse Nevis Hotels By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe