Fishing in Nevis
Fishing here focuses on kingfish, wahoo, grouper, tuna, and yellowtail snapper, with marlin occasionally spotted. The best areas are Monkey Shoals and around Redonda. Charters cost approximately $450-$500 per half day, $850-$1,000 per full day, and usually include an open bar.
Deep Venture. Run by fisherman–chef Matt Lloyd, Deep Venture does day-fishing charters (he keeps the catch), providing a real insight into both commercial fishing and the Caribbean kitchen. Oualie Beach, Nevis. 869/469–5110.
Nevis Water Sports. Nevis Water Sports offers sportfishing aboard the 31-foot Sea Brat under the supervision of tournament-winning captain Ian Gonzaley. The company helps organize the annual Nevis Yacht Club Sports Fishing Tournament, which reels in competitors from all over the Caribbean. Oualie Beach, Nevis. 869/469–9060. www.fishnevis.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's