- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
Smoke Alley Beach (Oranje Beach)
Smoke Alley Beach (Oranje Beach) Review
The color of the sand varies from light beige to black at this beach on the Caribbean side near Gallows Bay. Sometimes, much of the beach is claimed by ebb and flow. The waters are sometimes calm, so snorkeling is possible, but it's usually a better place for a swim or sunning. Amenities: none. Best for: swimming.
- Address: North end of Bay Rd., Oranjestad
- Location: St. Eustatius
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Several months ago I came here for some advice and info on a vacation for my family. Read more
This is my second time visiting St Lucia and like the first time my visit here will be a brief one since it is my transit stop to St Vincent then Grenada.
However, in less than five hours after leaving Read more
I have been on here for about six months and have gained much infro on the different Caribbean islands. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more