- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
La Gloriette Review
For a beachside lunch with your toes in the sand, La Gloriette is a dream. Picnic tables under the cocoloba trees are shady, and everyone is having a great time. Longtime visitors will remember the original creole restaurant here, and will be happy to know that the accras (salt-cod fritters with spicy sauce) are as good as ever. There are huge, fresh salads and many daily specials on the blackboard. Super-fresh grilled fish is a great choice, and the sushi-style tatakis are light and delicious. At dinner there are good pizzas for dining in or taking back to your villa. Don't miss the artisanal, island-flavored rums offered after your meal, and available at the tiny shop.
- Address: Plage de Grand Cul de Sac, Grand Cul de Sac
- Phone: 690/29–85–71
- Location: Grand Cul de Sac
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Wow! Read more
If there was an opportunity to miss an island this is one I would bypass.. On a cruise ship we got off and walked the main street, walked into one store and checked out a caftan.. the owner insisted I should Read more
My boyfriend and I are in dire need of a relaxing vacation. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more