- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Caribbean Cruise Ports of Call
La Gloriette Review
For a beachside lunch with your toes in the sand, La Gloriette is a dream. Picnic tables under the cocoloba trees are shady, and everyone is having a great time. Longtime visitors will remember the original creole restaurant here, and will be happy to know that the accras (salt-cod fritters with spicy sauce) are as good as ever. There are huge, fresh salads and many daily specials on the blackboard. Super-fresh grilled fish is a great choice, and the sushi-style tatakis are light and delicious. At dinner there are good pizzas for dining in or taking back to your villa. Don't miss the artisanal, island-flavored rums offered after your meal, and available at the tiny shop.
- Address: Plage de Grand Cul de Sac, Grand Cul de Sac
- Phone: 690/29–85–71
- Location: Grand Cul de Sac
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Wow! Read more
If there was an opportunity to miss an island this is one I would bypass.. On a cruise ship we got off and walked the main street, walked into one store and checked out a caftan.. the owner insisted I should Read more
Trying to find the best vacation spot in the Caribbean for a single woman. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more