- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
More often than not when locals go out for breakfast or lunch, they head to this little café on Dewey's main street. The new mustard yellow facade is one of the changes of new management, but the overall experience remains the same. At the counter, you can order any number of delicious breakfast or lunch sandwiches, some of them only a few dollars and big enough to share. The Cuban is a favorite, as are the pastries. It opens before sunrise, but get here early, as the place closes midafternoon. Service defines "island time," so relax with a gourmet coffee while you wait.
- Address: Calle Pedro Márquez at Calle Castelar, Dewey, Culebra 00775
- Phone: 787/742–0296
- Location: Culebra
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more