- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Diving and Snorkeling
Culebra Divers. Run by Monika and Walter Rieder, Culebra Divers is the island's premiere dive shop, catering to those new to scuba as well as those adept at underwater navigation. Travel to more than 60 local sites on one of the company's 25-foot cabin cruisers and hope to spot wildlife like spotted eagle rays, octopus, moray eels, and turtles. Spring for an underwater scooter, which propels you through the sea like James Bond. You can also rent a mask and snorkel to explore on your own. 4 Calle Pedro Marquez, Dewey, Culebra, 00775. 787/742-0803. www.culebradivers.com.
Aquatic Adventures. Captain Taz Hamrick takes guests out on snorkeling and PADI-certified scuba trips, as well as charters to the surrounding keys. Dewey, Culebra, 00775. 787/209-3494. www.diveculebra.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1399 & up -- 12-Nt. Caribbean Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore