Puerto Rico operates on Atlantic Standard Time, which is one hour later than the U.S. Eastern Standard Time in winter. The island does not keep U.S. daylight saving time. This means that when it's noon on a winter day in New York, it's 1 pm in Puerto Rico. In summer Puerto Rico and the East Coast of the United States are on the same time, and three hours ahead of the West Coast. Sydney is 14 hours ahead of Puerto Rico, Auckland is 16 hours ahead, and London is four hours ahead.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's