The Tren Urbano, an elevated light-rail system, travels throughout the metropolitan area, with stops at the University of Puerto Rico and Bayamón, but does not stop near the main tourist areas or at the airport, so you're unlikely to ride it if you're in town for tourism. The fare is 75¢, which includes transfers to city buses. The system runs from 5:30 am to 11 pm and is operated by the Alternativa de Transporte Integrado, better known as the ATI.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's