- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
At a Glance
- all rooms are beachfront
- top-notch facilities
- golf, tennis and water activities
- award-winning spa
- gourmet dining
- daily added $95 resort fee
Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Review
Following a recent $342 million renovation, this Ritz-Carlton Reserve ups the ante with a roster of posh offerings, including a restaurant from Fodor's Tastemaker Chef Jose Andres, and an incredible setting along three miles of Puerto Rican coastline. The 1,400-acre property was once part of the Laurance Rockefeller estate, and an 11-mile walking and biking trail that winds its way through the eco-preserve is now named for the former owner. The Reserve (Ritz-Carlton's second after Thailand) is home to several pools (including dedicated family and adults-only options), a water activities department, and a 5-acre Spa Botanico with tree-house treatment platforms. Guest also enjoy privileges at three 18-hole golf courses located partly on the property and at five tennis courts. All 100 rooms, 14 one-bedroom suites, and the four-bedroom Su Casa villa have direct beach access and perks like 400 thread-count sheets, supersized flatscreens, indoor-outdoor bathrooms, soaking tubs, and Wi-Fi. If you need more reasons not to leave the property, there are also several dining options, including two casual beach eateries and a cafe. Snag a terrace seat at the Mi Casa restaurant, where Chef Andres oversees a menu of modern American-Spanish-Caribbean dishes, served with sweeping ocean views.
- Address: 100 Dorado Beach Drive, Dorado, 00646
- Phone: 787/626-1100
- Website: www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/DoradoBeach/Default.htm
- Location: San Juan
- 100 room, 14 suites, 1 villa.
- Rate includes no meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've updated my website with this latest trip report: http://islandtime.homestead.com/Spanish-Virgin-Islands.html Read more
Husband and I took the El Yunque Rainforest tour recently. Read more
My husband and I usually travel to Isla Mujeres, MX every October. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more