- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Puerto Rico
Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
At a Glance
- all rooms are beachfront
- top-notch facilities
- golf, tennis and water activities
- award-winning spa
- gourmet dining
- daily added $95 resort fee
Check Rates from our Partners
Dorado Beach, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Review
Following a recent $342 million renovation, this Ritz-Carlton Reserve ups the ante with a roster of posh offerings, including a restaurant from Fodor's Tastemaker Chef Jose Andres, and an incredible setting along three miles of Puerto Rican coastline. The 1,400-acre property was once part of the Laurance Rockefeller estate, and an 11-mile walking and biking trail that winds its way through the eco-preserve is now named for the former owner. The Reserve (Ritz-Carlton's second after Thailand) is home to several pools (including dedicated family and adults-only options), a water activities department, and a 5-acre Spa Botanico with tree-house treatment platforms. Guest also enjoy privileges at three 18-hole golf courses located partly on the property and at five tennis courts. All 100 rooms, 14 one-bedroom suites, and the four-bedroom Su Casa villa have direct beach access and perks like 400 thread-count sheets, supersized flatscreens, indoor-outdoor bathrooms, soaking tubs, and Wi-Fi. If you need more reasons not to leave the property, there are also several dining options, including two casual beach eateries and a cafe. Snag a terrace seat at the Mi Casa restaurant, where Chef Andres oversees a menu of modern American-Spanish-Caribbean dishes, served with sweeping ocean views.
- Address: 100 Dorado Beach Drive, Dorado, 00646
- Phone: 787/626-1100
- Website: www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/DoradoBeach/Default.htm
- Location: San Juan
- 100 room, 14 suites, 1 villa.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently spent a long weekend in Puerto Rico, which was a great respite from the cold and snow of New York. Read more
This has been a particularly horrible winter in Boston, about as cold as any I can remember. Read more
We arrive at SJU on a Tuesday at 3:30 pm. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more